The B vitamin complex
The B vitamin complex refers to the eight B vitamins: vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B8. (biotin), vitamin B9 (folate or folic acid) and vitamin B12 (cobalamins or cyanocobalamin).
This structure is more complex and differs from that of the other vitamins. It is not possible to state the indications of vitamin B in general, since they differ according to the different vitamins B. However, vitamins B6, B9 and B12 have similar indications. You can think about the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis or depression. But it is different for others! For example, vitamin B1 plays a role in carbohydrate metabolism and energy production, while vitamin B3 is useful in the production of red blood cells and the synthesis of sex hormones.
Grains, yeasts, whole grains, nuts, dried or green vegetables, fruits, dairy products, giblets, etc .: these are examples of sources of vitamin B. For vegetarians or vegans, vitamin B can become a problem, and it is important to be careful about it.
Where can you find these vitamins?
Here are some examples of sources of vitamin B in your diet.
- Vitamin B1: dried vegetables (dried peas, lentils), yeast, nuts, cereals and whole grains.
- Vitamin B2: nuts, green vegetables, wheat germ, rice, yeast, and mushrooms
- Vitamin B3: wild rice, yeasts, whole grains, barley, almonds, dried legumes
- Vitamin B5: yeast, mushrooms, cashews, rolled oats, rye flour, buckwheat, sunflower seeds, soybeans, lentils, red pepper, avocado
- Vitamin B6: yeasts, wheat germs, bananas, walnuts, sunflower seeds, lentils, soybeans, beans, buckwheat flour, avocado
- Vitamin B8: whole grain products (bread), yeast, nuts, egg yolk, cauliflower, banana, sardines, mushrooms
- Vitamin B9: fruits, vegetables, rice, beans, yeast, soy
- B12 vitamin: Vitamin B12 can only be found in natural food of animal origin: meat, giblets, eggs, dairy, fish. So you need to be careful and avoid shortcomings. Therefore, those who follow a vegetarian diet are encouraged to consult specialists who will be able to recommend the appropriate nutritional supplements.