According to North Korea’s official KCNA news agency, North Korea announced Thursday that it would ignore attempts to establish contact with the United States. as long as Washington has not renounced its “hostile policy” towards him.
According to KCNA quoted by South Korean news agency Yonhap, Choe Son Hui, First Deputy Foreign Minister, said: “There is no contact between the United States and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and no dialogue can take place until the United States ends its hostile policy to the DPRK “before adding that” Therefore, we will continue in the future ignore such attempts by the United States. “
North Korea’s warning came on Tuesday, March 16, when two senior US officials, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, they were in Seoul. Kim Yo Jong, the influential sister of the North Korean leader, said she wanted give “advice to the new American administration that is trying to spread a smell of gunpowder in our country ”. Last week, Seoul and Washington began joint military exercises, whose launch was followed on Tuesday by a strong warning from Pyongyang to Washington.
The two U.S. officials are visiting Seoul to strengthen their alliance with South Korea in an effort to to form a united front against North Korea, which has nuclear weapons. They met with their South Korean counterparts on Wednesday and will meet with South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Thursday.