news

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry lose their last official titles

After confirming to Queen Elizabeth II her final withdrawal from the British royal family, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lost their last official titlesannounced Buckingham Palace this Friday, February 19. This particularly applies to military titles.

In fact, the queen’s grandson and his wife had caused quite a stir last year, announcing their retirement from official life. The objective is protect yourself from media pressure and gain financial independence. This decision, which came into effect in March 2020, would be reviewed a year later.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty the Queen that they will no longer be active members of the Royal Family“the palace said in a statement.” After conversations with the duke, the queen wrote to confirm that by resigning from work related to belonging to the royal family, it is not possible to continue exercising the responsibilities and duties inherent in a life. at the service of the public ”, it is specified.

The Duke and Duchess remain beloved members of the family.

Therefore, the titles will be returned and distributed among the other members of the royal family. Harry will thus lose his military titles, especially in the Royal Marines that he was very attached to after having served in Afghanistan. The prince also loses his role as representative of the Rugby federation. For her part, Meghan Markle will lose her charitable patronage, especially at the National Theater in London.

“Although everyone is saddened by his decision, the Duke and Duchess remain very dear members of the family,” the palace said. “As your work over the past year has shown, the Duke and Duchess remain committed to their duty and service in the UK and the rest of the world, and continued to provide support to the organizations they represent regardless of their official role, ”a spokesperson for the couple reacted.

After Meghan Markle announced that she had recently suffered a miscarriage, the couple announced last Sunday that they were expecting a second child. Both will have to explain their decision to retire from the royal family in a lengthy interview with Oprah Winfrey, aired on March 7 on American television. The breakup comes when 99-year-old Prince Philip was hospitalized in London after feeling ill.

The writing recommends you


Read more

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button